NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - A Florida energy company will begin construction soon on a natural gas electric generating plant in Nolan County.
NTE Energy is building the Pecan Creek Energy Center along Highway 70 about 18 miles south of Sweetwater.
It's anticipated construction will bring about 100 jobs to the area – with 10 to 15 jobs expected during operation.
NTE is currently working to get the necessary permits. Construction should start late this year. Officials hope the plant to be in operation in 2016.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season