NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - A Florida energy company will begin construction soon on a natural gas electric generating plant in Nolan County.
NTE Energy is building the Pecan Creek Energy Center along Highway 70 about 18 miles south of Sweetwater.
It's anticipated construction will bring about 100 jobs to the area – with 10 to 15 jobs expected during operation.
NTE is currently working to get the necessary permits. Construction should start late this year. Officials hope the plant to be in operation in 2016.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin