BROWNWOOD, Texas - The city of Brownwood will be getting $200,000 to build a new walking trail.
The Camp Bowie Walking Trail, as it will be called, will extend from the Brownwood Middle School to Massey Sports Complex in Camp Bowie.
The funds will come from a grant awarded by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission.
Construction of the two-mile trail should start in the fall and be completed by the spring of next year.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade