BROWNWOOD, Texas - The city of Brownwood will be getting $200,000 to build a new walking trail.
The Camp Bowie Walking Trail, as it will be called, will extend from the Brownwood Middle School to Massey Sports Complex in Camp Bowie.
The funds will come from a grant awarded by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission.
Construction of the two-mile trail should start in the fall and be completed by the spring of next year.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities