BROWNWOOD, Texas - The city of Brownwood will be getting $200,000 to build a new walking trail.
The Camp Bowie Walking Trail, as it will be called, will extend from the Brownwood Middle School to Massey Sports Complex in Camp Bowie.
The funds will come from a grant awarded by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission.
Construction of the two-mile trail should start in the fall and be completed by the spring of next year.
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country