BROWNWOOD, Texas - The city of Brownwood will be getting $200,000 to build a new walking trail.
The Camp Bowie Walking Trail, as it will be called, will extend from the Brownwood Middle School to Massey Sports Complex in Camp Bowie.
The funds will come from a grant awarded by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission.
Construction of the two-mile trail should start in the fall and be completed by the spring of next year.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family