EASTLAND, Texas - A person heating a baby bottle in a microwave is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a number of businesses in The Shady Oaks Shopping Center in Eastland.
A worker at Playoff Sports told KTXS News that they were heating a baby bottle and a short time later they noticed that lights in the business started flickering and they smelled smoke.
Fire was then discovered and quickly spread to several of the businesses in the shopping center that houses 11 stores. All were evacuated.
Fire crews from Eastland, Rising Star, Cisco, Olden, Strawn, Carbon, Gorman, and Ranger fought the blaze.
(Photo courtesy of MicroplexNews.com)
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores