EASTLAND, Texas - A person heating a baby bottle in a microwave is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a number of businesses in The Shady Oaks Shopping Center in Eastland.
A worker at Playoff Sports told KTXS News that they were heating a baby bottle and a short time later they noticed that lights in the business started flickering and they smelled smoke.
Fire was then discovered and quickly spread to several of the businesses in the shopping center that houses 11 stores. All were evacuated.
Fire crews from Eastland, Rising Star, Cisco, Olden, Strawn, Carbon, Gorman, and Ranger fought the blaze.
(Photo courtesy of MicroplexNews.com)
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase