EASTLAND, Texas - A person heating a baby bottle in a microwave is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a number of businesses in The Shady Oaks Shopping Center in Eastland.
A worker at Playoff Sports told KTXS News that they were heating a baby bottle and a short time later they noticed that lights in the business started flickering and they smelled smoke.
Fire was then discovered and quickly spread to several of the businesses in the shopping center that houses 11 stores. All were evacuated.
Fire crews from Eastland, Rising Star, Cisco, Olden, Strawn, Carbon, Gorman, and Ranger fought the blaze.
(Photo courtesy of MicroplexNews.com)
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger