TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - A Taylor County man threatening suicide was shot and killed by an officer Tuesday.
Taylor County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call Tuesday afternoon where 40-year-old Tony Riddle was armed with multiple weapons and threatening suicide.
Officers said Riddle was acting erratically and pointed multiple guns at them several times. For a time, Braune Rd. and Highway 277 were closed.
Officers said during negotiations, Riddle made a "threatening movement" toward them and was shot by a Taylor County Deputy.
"After threatening the officers, shots were fired. The gentleman is deceased. No Taylor County Deputies were injured," said Lt. David Atkins with the Taylor County Sheriff Office.
He was pronounced dead by Judge Ronnie Doan Tuesday afternoon.
The Taylor County Sheriff's office is not releasing any more details at this time.
Texas Rangers are investigating the shooting.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash