TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - A Taylor County man threatening suicide was shot and killed by an officer Tuesday.
Taylor County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call Tuesday afternoon where 40-year-old Tony Riddle was armed with multiple weapons and threatening suicide.
Officers said Riddle was acting erratically and pointed multiple guns at them several times. For a time, Braune Rd. and Highway 277 were closed.
Officers said during negotiations, Riddle made a "threatening movement" toward them and was shot by a Taylor County Deputy.
"After threatening the officers, shots were fired. The gentleman is deceased. No Taylor County Deputies were injured," said Lt. David Atkins with the Taylor County Sheriff Office.
He was pronounced dead by Judge Ronnie Doan Tuesday afternoon.
The Taylor County Sheriff's office is not releasing any more details at this time.
Texas Rangers are investigating the shooting.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana