TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - A Taylor County man threatening suicide was shot and killed by an officer Tuesday.
Taylor County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call Tuesday afternoon where 40-year-old Tony Riddle was armed with multiple weapons and threatening suicide.
Officers said Riddle was acting erratically and pointed multiple guns at them several times. For a time, Braune Rd. and Highway 277 were closed.
Officers said during negotiations, Riddle made a "threatening movement" toward them and was shot by a Taylor County Deputy.
"After threatening the officers, shots were fired. The gentleman is deceased. No Taylor County Deputies were injured," said Lt. David Atkins with the Taylor County Sheriff Office.
He was pronounced dead by Judge Ronnie Doan Tuesday afternoon.
The Taylor County Sheriff's office is not releasing any more details at this time.
Texas Rangers are investigating the shooting.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer