EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas - A two-vehicle collision Monday afternoon killed one person and injured another.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said the crash happened about 4 p.m. Monday on Farm Road 2214 in Eastland County.
According to the DPS, 26-year-old William Wilson was driving a 2012 Chevrolet pickup. He crossed into the other lane and collided with 55-year-old Kathleen Smithson.
Smithson was pronounced dead at the scene. Her body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
Wilson suffered a broken leg. He is recovering in a Fort Worth hospital.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash