EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas - A two-vehicle collision Monday afternoon killed one person and injured another.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said the crash happened about 4 p.m. Monday on Farm Road 2214 in Eastland County.
According to the DPS, 26-year-old William Wilson was driving a 2012 Chevrolet pickup. He crossed into the other lane and collided with 55-year-old Kathleen Smithson.
Smithson was pronounced dead at the scene. Her body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
Wilson suffered a broken leg. He is recovering in a Fort Worth hospital.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9