RANGER, Texas - One person is dead and three others are still in the hospital after a crash in Eastland County.
Marcus Deveneau, 55, was driving a truck while towing a travel trailer lost control and jackknifed another vehicle in the west bound lane of I-20 at Ranger Hill on Wednesday.
Authorities said the driver and passenger were in the truck when other cars pulled over to help.
An 18-wheeler then hit one of those cars a long with the truck with the travel trailer.
Two pedestrians were then hit Taylor Von Robinson, 20, from Strawn, TX and Tiffany Lowe, 22, from Ranger.
Lowe was pronounced dead at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth.
The other three are in serious condition with internal injuries at Eastland Memorial Hospital.
The roads were wet and the crash is still under investigation.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store