SWEETWATER, Texas - The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Parade kicked off the Rattlesnake Round-up Thursday.
The round-up is the largest in the world and is sponsored by the Sweetwater Jaycees.
Starting Friday at 8 a.m. snake handlers, milkers and cooks will show their skills to visitors from all over the world.
There will also be a hunt, guided tours of rattlesnake habitats, and a brisket and chili cook-off.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth