EASTLAND, Texas - A 43-year-old Eastland man was killed this week after being struck when he tried to run across FM 2214 about 5.5 miles from Eastland.
Bobby Dave Houge died after a 2003 Freightliner hit him about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. His body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
According to the state Department of Public Safety, the Freightliner – driven by Robert Wayne Price of Hico – was heading north on FM 2214, while Houge was walking north on the west side of the road.
"The pedestrian ran across the southbound lane into the northbound lane out in front of (the Freightliner)," the release said. "(The) pedestrian was struck by the front left of (the Freightliner)."
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals