EASTLAND, Texas - A 43-year-old Eastland man was killed this week after being struck when he tried to run across FM 2214 about 5.5 miles from Eastland.
Bobby Dave Houge died after a 2003 Freightliner hit him about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. His body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
According to the state Department of Public Safety, the Freightliner – driven by Robert Wayne Price of Hico – was heading north on FM 2214, while Houge was walking north on the west side of the road.
"The pedestrian ran across the southbound lane into the northbound lane out in front of (the Freightliner)," the release said. "(The) pedestrian was struck by the front left of (the Freightliner)."
- Updated Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated 'La La Land' leads Oscar nominations with 14 bids
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- KTXS Forecast: Elevated wildfire risk, breezy, drier, and warmer
- Meek Blood Center hosts drive in honor of Colorado City veterinarian