EASTLAND, Texas - A 43-year-old Eastland man was killed this week after being struck when he tried to run across FM 2214 about 5.5 miles from Eastland.
Bobby Dave Houge died after a 2003 Freightliner hit him about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. His body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
According to the state Department of Public Safety, the Freightliner – driven by Robert Wayne Price of Hico – was heading north on FM 2214, while Houge was walking north on the west side of the road.
"The pedestrian ran across the southbound lane into the northbound lane out in front of (the Freightliner)," the release said. "(The) pedestrian was struck by the front left of (the Freightliner)."
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children