EASTLAND, Texas - A 43-year-old Eastland man was killed this week after being struck when he tried to run across FM 2214 about 5.5 miles from Eastland.
Bobby Dave Houge died after a 2003 Freightliner hit him about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. His body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
According to the state Department of Public Safety, the Freightliner – driven by Robert Wayne Price of Hico – was heading north on FM 2214, while Houge was walking north on the west side of the road.
"The pedestrian ran across the southbound lane into the northbound lane out in front of (the Freightliner)," the release said. "(The) pedestrian was struck by the front left of (the Freightliner)."
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash