BAIRD, Texas - Authorities continue to look for 54-year-old Danny Mitchell Cannon as a "person of interest" in connection with the death of a 51-year-old Baird woman whose body was found Sunday.
The search for Cannon – who resides north of Clyde – entered its second day Tuesday.
Relatives found Barbara Ruth Holland dead in the living room of her home in the 200 block of Spruce Street on Sunday afternoon.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said Cannon is believed to have been at the Salvation Army in Abilene about midday Monday.
"He (Cannon) is still at large, but he was confirmed by staff at the Salvation Army as having been there around noon yesterday," Howard said.
Asked if Cannon has been seen anywhere else, Howard said, "No."
Mitchell, who has an outstanding warrant out of Callahan County for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, is considered armed and dangerous, according to the Baird City Marshal's Office.
About 4 p.m., Sunday, officers with the Baird City Marshal's Office were called to Holland's home.
"Some friends had been contacting her, trying to reach her throughout the day on Sunday," Howard said Monday. "They went to make contact with her in person and that's when they found her."
Howard said a "relationship history" existed between Cannon and Holland – and that's why Cannon is considered a "person of interest" in the case.
Howard said it appears Holland died sometime Saturday evening or overnight into Sunday morning.
Her body was sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for a full autopsy.
Anyone with information regarding the possible homicide should call the Baird City Marshal's Office at 325-854-1212.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated