BAIRD, Texas - Authorities continue to look for 54-year-old Danny Mitchell Cannon as a "person of interest" in connection with the death of a 51-year-old Baird woman whose body was found Sunday.
The search for Cannon – who resides north of Clyde – entered its second day Tuesday.
Relatives found Barbara Ruth Holland dead in the living room of her home in the 200 block of Spruce Street on Sunday afternoon.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said Cannon is believed to have been at the Salvation Army in Abilene about midday Monday.
"He (Cannon) is still at large, but he was confirmed by staff at the Salvation Army as having been there around noon yesterday," Howard said.
Asked if Cannon has been seen anywhere else, Howard said, "No."
Mitchell, who has an outstanding warrant out of Callahan County for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, is considered armed and dangerous, according to the Baird City Marshal's Office.
About 4 p.m., Sunday, officers with the Baird City Marshal's Office were called to Holland's home.
"Some friends had been contacting her, trying to reach her throughout the day on Sunday," Howard said Monday. "They went to make contact with her in person and that's when they found her."
Howard said a "relationship history" existed between Cannon and Holland – and that's why Cannon is considered a "person of interest" in the case.
Howard said it appears Holland died sometime Saturday evening or overnight into Sunday morning.
Her body was sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for a full autopsy.
Anyone with information regarding the possible homicide should call the Baird City Marshal's Office at 325-854-1212.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill