EARLY, Texas - A 57-year-old man was arrested late Monday after he allegedly forced his way into an Early home and struck his ex-girlfriend with a board in the head, face and arms, police say.
Otis Strasser faces injury to a disabled individual and interference with emergency phone call charges after he allegedly assaulted the 49-year-old woman in the 200 block of Hillcrest Drive, Early Police Chief David Mercer said in an email.
Officers responded to the residence about 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Mercer said the victim attempted to call 911 for help "when Strasser got her phone and broke it." The female victim reportedly obtained an old phone and called 911, he said.
According to Mercer, Strasser fled the scene and was located by Brownwood police officers in the 400 block of West Commerce.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated