EARLY, Texas - A 57-year-old man was arrested late Monday after he allegedly forced his way into an Early home and struck his ex-girlfriend with a board in the head, face and arms, police say.
Otis Strasser faces injury to a disabled individual and interference with emergency phone call charges after he allegedly assaulted the 49-year-old woman in the 200 block of Hillcrest Drive, Early Police Chief David Mercer said in an email.
Officers responded to the residence about 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Mercer said the victim attempted to call 911 for help "when Strasser got her phone and broke it." The female victim reportedly obtained an old phone and called 911, he said.
According to Mercer, Strasser fled the scene and was located by Brownwood police officers in the 400 block of West Commerce.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies