SNYDER, Texas - Snyder police shot and killed a man Saturday morning after he allegedly held a knife to a baby.
According to Snyder Daily News, police went to the 500 block of 27th Street about 7 a.m. Saturday when they allegedly found Dale Rivera holding a knife to a baby. Snyder police reportedly attempted to negotiate a surrender by Rivera, but two hours later, he was shot when he pulled the knife.
Rivera was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The child and mother weren't harmed, the Daily News reported.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family