SNYDER, Texas - Snyder police shot and killed a man Saturday morning after he allegedly held a knife to a baby.
According to Snyder Daily News, police went to the 500 block of 27th Street about 7 a.m. Saturday when they allegedly found Dale Rivera holding a knife to a baby. Snyder police reportedly attempted to negotiate a surrender by Rivera, but two hours later, he was shot when he pulled the knife.
Rivera was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The child and mother weren't harmed, the Daily News reported.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies