SNYDER, Texas - Snyder police shot and killed a man Saturday morning after he allegedly held a knife to a baby.
According to Snyder Daily News, police went to the 500 block of 27th Street about 7 a.m. Saturday when they allegedly found Dale Rivera holding a knife to a baby. Snyder police reportedly attempted to negotiate a surrender by Rivera, but two hours later, he was shot when he pulled the knife.
Rivera was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The child and mother weren't harmed, the Daily News reported.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field