MERKEL, Texas - A rollover accident on I-20 in Merkel trapped the sole occupant around 11 a.m. Monday.
Police on the scene tell KTXS a pregnant woman was driving by herself from South Carolina to New Mexico.
She was driving westbound on I-20 when she lost control of her vehicle, drove off the interstate to the access road, flipped, and landed in the Big Welding parking lot.
The woman was trapped inside her vehicle for some time. Paramedics took her to the hospital with several broken bones.
Authorities from Tye, Merkel, and the Taylor County Sheriff's Department responded to the accident.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen