EARLY, Texas - From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development:
A project to improve about 1.5 miles of US 84 in Early will begin in mid-November.
The project will involve complete rehabilitation of the pavement, including new road base and surfacing on US 84 from Turtle Creek to about a quarter mile west of FM 2125. A center left turn lane will be added from the US 67/377 intersection to the FM 2126 intersection. When the project is complete, this section will have a total of five lanes, including the turn lane. Work also includes adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and drainage. Work should be completed in about a year.
Prater Equipment, Inc. of Comanche will complete the project for about $4 million.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking