EARLY, Texas - From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development:
A project to improve about 1.5 miles of US 84 in Early will begin in mid-November.
The project will involve complete rehabilitation of the pavement, including new road base and surfacing on US 84 from Turtle Creek to about a quarter mile west of FM 2125. A center left turn lane will be added from the US 67/377 intersection to the FM 2126 intersection. When the project is complete, this section will have a total of five lanes, including the turn lane. Work also includes adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and drainage. Work should be completed in about a year.
Prater Equipment, Inc. of Comanche will complete the project for about $4 million.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated