EARLY, Texas - From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development:
A project to improve about 1.5 miles of US 84 in Early will begin in mid-November.
The project will involve complete rehabilitation of the pavement, including new road base and surfacing on US 84 from Turtle Creek to about a quarter mile west of FM 2125. A center left turn lane will be added from the US 67/377 intersection to the FM 2126 intersection. When the project is complete, this section will have a total of five lanes, including the turn lane. Work also includes adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and drainage. Work should be completed in about a year.
Prater Equipment, Inc. of Comanche will complete the project for about $4 million.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene