EARLY, Texas - From the Texas Department of Transportation and Development:
A project to improve about 1.5 miles of US 84 in Early will begin in mid-November.
The project will involve complete rehabilitation of the pavement, including new road base and surfacing on US 84 from Turtle Creek to about a quarter mile west of FM 2125. A center left turn lane will be added from the US 67/377 intersection to the FM 2126 intersection. When the project is complete, this section will have a total of five lanes, including the turn lane. Work also includes adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and drainage. Work should be completed in about a year.
Prater Equipment, Inc. of Comanche will complete the project for about $4 million.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital