ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday evening delivered some heavy downpours to parts of West Central Texas.
High precipitable water values in the atmosphere combined with slow moving storms allowed for localized significant rainfall amounts.
Here are some of the totals that were tallied across our viewing area:
Just east of Sweetwater and south of I-20: 2.80"
Abilene Regional: 0.29"
Abilene Dyess: 1.08"
Northeastern Nolan County: 1.75" - 2.75"
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web