ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday evening delivered some heavy downpours to parts of West Central Texas.
High precipitable water values in the atmosphere combined with slow moving storms allowed for localized significant rainfall amounts.
Here are some of the totals that were tallied across our viewing area:
Just east of Sweetwater and south of I-20: 2.80"
Abilene Regional: 0.29"
Abilene Dyess: 1.08"
Northeastern Nolan County: 1.75" - 2.75"
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck