ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday evening delivered some heavy downpours to parts of West Central Texas.
High precipitable water values in the atmosphere combined with slow moving storms allowed for localized significant rainfall amounts.
Here are some of the totals that were tallied across our viewing area:
Just east of Sweetwater and south of I-20: 2.80"
Abilene Regional: 0.29"
Abilene Dyess: 1.08"
Northeastern Nolan County: 1.75" - 2.75"
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer