EASTLAND COUNTY, Teaxs - An accident on Ranger Hill backed up both east and west bound traffic on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to the DPS, the driver of an 18-wheeler car hauler lost control of his rig on Ranger Hill and struck the guard rails. The rig then caught fire and several of the vehicles he was carrying fell onto the interstate. No one was injured
That closed both lanes of Interstate 20 and traffic came to stand-still for miles in each direction.
DPS troopers and TxDOT worker were on the scene diverting traffic.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash