EASTLAND COUNTY, Teaxs - An accident on Ranger Hill backed up both east and west bound traffic on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to the DPS, the driver of an 18-wheeler car hauler lost control of his rig on Ranger Hill and struck the guard rails. The rig then caught fire and several of the vehicles he was carrying fell onto the interstate. No one was injured
That closed both lanes of Interstate 20 and traffic came to stand-still for miles in each direction.
DPS troopers and TxDOT worker were on the scene diverting traffic.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency