EASTLAND COUNTY, Teaxs - An accident on Ranger Hill backed up both east and west bound traffic on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to the DPS, the driver of an 18-wheeler car hauler lost control of his rig on Ranger Hill and struck the guard rails. The rig then caught fire and several of the vehicles he was carrying fell onto the interstate. No one was injured
That closed both lanes of Interstate 20 and traffic came to stand-still for miles in each direction.
DPS troopers and TxDOT worker were on the scene diverting traffic.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field