EASTLAND COUNTY, Teaxs - An accident on Ranger Hill backed up both east and west bound traffic on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to the DPS, the driver of an 18-wheeler car hauler lost control of his rig on Ranger Hill and struck the guard rails. The rig then caught fire and several of the vehicles he was carrying fell onto the interstate. No one was injured
That closed both lanes of Interstate 20 and traffic came to stand-still for miles in each direction.
DPS troopers and TxDOT worker were on the scene diverting traffic.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday