RANGER, Texas - The Ranger Independent School District is closed Wednesday because of a water main break.
Superintendent Mike Thompson said the whole building is closed for the day.
The City of Ranger has also issued a boil water notice.
All water for drinking, cooking, and making ice should be boiled for two minutes and cooled prior to consumption. Residents can also buy water bottles.
Currently all public schools are in the midst of STAAR state testing. No word yet on how the school closure will affect the test.
For more information on the boil water notice, contact the City of Ranger at 254-647-3522.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash