SAN ANGELO, Texas - KTXS news obtained the official report from the Texas Rangers that lead to the arrest of a man who they say created a false identity in order to harm Michele Reiter.
Lanny Bush, 53, is in the Tom Green County Jail on $20,000 bond on a charge of online impersonation.
In the complaint, Bush is accused of creating a phony Facebook page, and according to that Facebook page, Reiter had a date with the phony persona the same night she disappeared.
When questioned by Texas Rangers, a woman who Bush was romantically linked with says she was aware Bush created the false page on the social network site.
Rangers say Bush admitted in a recorded statement to creating the false page with intent to harm Reiter.
Rangers say he also admitted to sending text messages with her phone after she disappeared. However, he denied being responsible for the woman's disappearance.
Brownwood Police Chief Mike Corley says his arrest is not connected to her disappearance or death.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account