ABILENE, Texas - In a January 10 meeting, Rising Star City Council fired Police Chief William Kelcy over alleged misconduct.
According to Utilities Clerk Barbara Childers, the council voted unanimously to fire Kelcy.
It is unclear what misconduct allegedly occurred. Council met in a closed executive session to discuss the issue.
Kelcy served as police chief for five years.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death