COAHOMA, Texas - One of the most well-known names on the professional rodeo circuit died Wednesday.
Marvin "Quail" Dobbs entertained crowds and protected cowboys as a rodeo clown and bullfighter for more than 35 years.
Dobbs was born in Albany and spent many years in Colorado City. Dobbs was inducted into the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in 2002.
After his retirement he served as Justice of the Peace in Coahoma, east of Big Spring.
Dobbs was 73.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her