HAMLIN, Texas - A motel in Hamlin caught fire Wednesday afternoon before volunteer fire crews extinguished it.
According to the Hamlin Police Department, a roof at the Pied Piper Hamlin Inn caught fire and spread through at least one room.
Crews from the Hamlin Volunteer Fire Department arrived at the scene in the 900 block of South Central Avenue to battle the fire. Police said the fire was extinguished before 4:45 p.m.
It's unknown at this time if anybody was injured by the fire, and the extent of damages has yet to be determined.
KTXS will update this article as we learn more.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country