COMANCHE, Texas - A scholarship is being established in the name of the Comanche chiropractor killed in the firework display explosion last week.
Dr. Russell Reynolds' family is setting up the scholarship in his name for a senior at Comanche High School through First Baptist Church.
Reynolds was killed and three other men were injured in the explosion as they were preparing for a fireworks show scheduled for July 4. The show was canceled as a result.
The scholarship will be presented at the annual awards ceremony to a student of the family's choice. The money for the scholarship will come from donations from the citizens and friends of Reynolds.
If you would like to make a donation you can make the check out to First Baptist Church and make note that the money is intended for the Reynolds Scholarship. You can take it to the First Baptist Church in Comanche or mail it to:
First Baptist Church
407 North Houston St.
Comanche, TX 76442
If you need any additional information, you can call the church at (325) 356-2051.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen