COMANCHE, Texas - A scholarship is being established in the name of the Comanche chiropractor killed in the firework display explosion last week.
Dr. Russell Reynolds' family is setting up the scholarship in his name for a senior at Comanche High School through First Baptist Church.
Reynolds was killed and three other men were injured in the explosion as they were preparing for a fireworks show scheduled for July 4. The show was canceled as a result.
The scholarship will be presented at the annual awards ceremony to a student of the family's choice. The money for the scholarship will come from donations from the citizens and friends of Reynolds.
If you would like to make a donation you can make the check out to First Baptist Church and make note that the money is intended for the Reynolds Scholarship. You can take it to the First Baptist Church in Comanche or mail it to:
First Baptist Church
407 North Houston St.
Comanche, TX 76442
If you need any additional information, you can call the church at (325) 356-2051.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range