COMANCHE, Texas - A scholarship is being established in the name of the Comanche chiropractor killed in the firework display explosion last week.
Dr. Russell Reynolds' family is setting up the scholarship in his name for a senior at Comanche High School through First Baptist Church.
Reynolds was killed and three other men were injured in the explosion as they were preparing for a fireworks show scheduled for July 4. The show was canceled as a result.
The scholarship will be presented at the annual awards ceremony to a student of the family's choice. The money for the scholarship will come from donations from the citizens and friends of Reynolds.
If you would like to make a donation you can make the check out to First Baptist Church and make note that the money is intended for the Reynolds Scholarship. You can take it to the First Baptist Church in Comanche or mail it to:
First Baptist Church
407 North Houston St.
Comanche, TX 76442
If you need any additional information, you can call the church at (325) 356-2051.
- Updated The Latest: Border agent injured in Texas dies
- Updated Gunman sought after Pennsylvania officer killed during traffic stop
- Methadone program for inmates to begin at New Mexico jail
- Hospital transfer lags for woman charged in nephew's death
- Albuquerque man facing 13 counts of rape involving teen girl
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD