SANTA ANNA, Texas - A second person has been arrested for her alleged role in Friday's shooting in Santa Anna.
Desirah Kile, 24, is now jailed and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Her arrest came just a day after James Pape was arrested on similar charges. Kile and Pape remain in Coleman County Jail. Bond has been set at $25,000 each for the two.
About 3:30 a.m. Friday, the two allegedly drove to the home of 40-year-old Gary Berry. Berry went outside, walked up to the vehicle and was allegedly shot by Pape through a car window. While Berry was sent to the hospital, he has since been released.
The Coleman County Sheriff's Office and Texas Rangers are still investigating the case as part of an effort to find a motive.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS