BANGS, Texas - A heat lamp may have been the cause of a house fire near Bangs.
Around 3 a.m. Monday, Bangs, Lake Bridge and the Dam volunteer fire departments responded to a home at 2400 County Road 159.
Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said smoke detectors woke the family of seven. The family made it out of the house safely.
Preston said he believed a heat lamp in the garage was the cause of the fire.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget