SWEETWATER, Texas - A grass fire on County Road 303 on the east side of Lake Sweetwater -- about half mile south of the bait shop -- has burned 35 to 40 acres and is roughly 40 to 50 percent contained.
Two sheds were lost, while two nearby houses were saved as the fire was stopped short.
No residents have been evacuated but some gathered items just in case.
A firefighter suffered second-degree burns but still continued battling the blaze.
Officials believe the fire started when the mower of the man mowing his lawn backfired.
Forest service officials say bulldozers are being used to try and cut fire lines to prevent the blaze from spreading.
The first call about the fire came in at 10:24 a.m.
We will update you on this situation as soon as more information comes to our newsroom.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth