SWEETWATER, Texas - A grass fire on County Road 303 on the east side of Lake Sweetwater -- about half mile south of the bait shop -- has burned 35 to 40 acres and is roughly 40 to 50 percent contained.
Two sheds were lost, while two nearby houses were saved as the fire was stopped short.
No residents have been evacuated but some gathered items just in case.
A firefighter suffered second-degree burns but still continued battling the blaze.
Officials believe the fire started when the mower of the man mowing his lawn backfired.
Forest service officials say bulldozers are being used to try and cut fire lines to prevent the blaze from spreading.
The first call about the fire came in at 10:24 a.m.
We will update you on this situation as soon as more information comes to our newsroom.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide