ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff says that a 15 year-old Tye boy, missing since Saturday, was located in Abilene Wednesday afternoon.
A staff member at the Ben Richey Boys Ranch, was contacted by Niedecken and picked him up on Buffalo Gap Road. The staff member then contacted Taylor County Sheriff's Office investigators.
On Monday, the department asked media outlets to help get the word out that 15 year-old Jody Niedecken was missing.
Since, the sheriff said they received numerous calls.
Niedecken was spotted on security cameras at the Walmart on Southwest Drive and was also believed to be spotted at the Mall of Abilene.
Originally, they thought his disappearance may not have been voluntary. They're now treating this as a juvenile runaway case.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget