ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff says that a 15 year-old Tye boy, missing since Saturday, was located in Abilene Wednesday afternoon.
A staff member at the Ben Richey Boys Ranch, was contacted by Niedecken and picked him up on Buffalo Gap Road. The staff member then contacted Taylor County Sheriff's Office investigators.
On Monday, the department asked media outlets to help get the word out that 15 year-old Jody Niedecken was missing.
Since, the sheriff said they received numerous calls.
Niedecken was spotted on security cameras at the Walmart on Southwest Drive and was also believed to be spotted at the Mall of Abilene.
Originally, they thought his disappearance may not have been voluntary. They're now treating this as a juvenile runaway case.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash