SANTA ANNA, Texas - A shooting in Santa Anna sent one man to the hospital early Friday morning.
According to the Coleman County Sheriff's Office, the 40-year-old victim was shot in the upper chest in the 600 block of Willis Street around 3:30 a.m. Friday. He is being treated in an Abilene hospital and was transported in stable condition.
The victim identified a 43-year-old man as the shooter and the man was arrested on an unrelated warrant from a different county. Authorities will not release the man's name at this time; however, he was booked into the Coleman County Jail for the warrant.
A 24-year-old woman was taken in for questioning regarding the shooting but was not arrested.
The shooting is being investigated as an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Authorities told KTXS the man and woman knew the victim prior to the shooting.
The Texas Rangers, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Heart of Texas EMS, Coleman Police Department, Santa Anna Police Department and Santa Anna Fire Department were also involved in the investigation.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget