SANTA ANNA, Texas - A shooting in Santa Anna sent one man to the hospital early Friday morning.
According to the Coleman County Sheriff's Office, the 40-year-old victim was shot in the upper chest in the 600 block of Willis Street around 3:30 a.m. Friday. He is being treated in an Abilene hospital and was transported in stable condition.
The victim identified a 43-year-old man as the shooter and the man was arrested on an unrelated warrant from a different county. Authorities will not release the man's name at this time; however, he was booked into the Coleman County Jail for the warrant.
A 24-year-old woman was taken in for questioning regarding the shooting but was not arrested.
The shooting is being investigated as an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Authorities told KTXS the man and woman knew the victim prior to the shooting.
The Texas Rangers, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Heart of Texas EMS, Coleman Police Department, Santa Anna Police Department and Santa Anna Fire Department were also involved in the investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated