BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County's massive drug sweep resulted in six more arrests over the weekend.
A two-year undercover effort – labeled "Operation Tangled Web" – has resulted in 53 people being identified, 48 being arrested thus far and five remaining at-large.
Added to the list of those arrested were Irene Gomez Walls, Anna Coffey, Bridgett King, Eric Whitley, Brandon Payne and Marjorie Schneider. They were arrested because of their alleged engagement in organized criminal activity, police say.
You can also tune into KTXS tonight for more information on this story.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth