STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - Stephens County will be getting a new sheriff after a controversial race.
Republican Billy Wade the third defeated the incumbent candidate, Democrat Dan Young.
Young was appointed sheriff two years ago.
In his campaign, Wade was critical of the current sheriff for over spending his budget.
Wade won by a 3 to 2 ratio. By the time all votes were counted, Wade gathered 1,989 votes. Young gathered 1,378.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family