STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - Stephens County will be getting a new sheriff after a controversial race.
Republican Billy Wade the third defeated the incumbent candidate, Democrat Dan Young.
Young was appointed sheriff two years ago.
In his campaign, Wade was critical of the current sheriff for over spending his budget.
Wade won by a 3 to 2 ratio. By the time all votes were counted, Wade gathered 1,989 votes. Young gathered 1,378.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting