It appears that sheriff-elect Billy Wade will take over as Stephens County sheriff on January 1.
The Stephens County Commissioners have been delaying the bonding and oath for Wade until a Texas Ranger investigation into an incident involving Wade and a Breckenridge police officer back in November was complete.
It's not clear if Rangers have completed their investigation...but commissioners did go ahead and take out a bond on Wade and he took an oath earlier this week.
It's now expected Wade will be sworn in December 31st and take office January 1st.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk