It appears that sheriff-elect Billy Wade will take over as Stephens County sheriff on January 1.
The Stephens County Commissioners have been delaying the bonding and oath for Wade until a Texas Ranger investigation into an incident involving Wade and a Breckenridge police officer back in November was complete.
It's not clear if Rangers have completed their investigation...but commissioners did go ahead and take out a bond on Wade and he took an oath earlier this week.
It's now expected Wade will be sworn in December 31st and take office January 1st.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS