It appears that sheriff-elect Billy Wade will take over as Stephens County sheriff on January 1.
The Stephens County Commissioners have been delaying the bonding and oath for Wade until a Texas Ranger investigation into an incident involving Wade and a Breckenridge police officer back in November was complete.
It's not clear if Rangers have completed their investigation...but commissioners did go ahead and take out a bond on Wade and he took an oath earlier this week.
It's now expected Wade will be sworn in December 31st and take office January 1st.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account