It appears that sheriff-elect Billy Wade will take over as Stephens County sheriff on January 1.
The Stephens County Commissioners have been delaying the bonding and oath for Wade until a Texas Ranger investigation into an incident involving Wade and a Breckenridge police officer back in November was complete.
It's not clear if Rangers have completed their investigation...but commissioners did go ahead and take out a bond on Wade and he took an oath earlier this week.
It's now expected Wade will be sworn in December 31st and take office January 1st.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated