TYE, Texas - Several Tye businesses said they haven't had phone service for at least 8 days.
Werner Diesel Service and Strain and Sons both report the outages. Both companies told KTXS they are using cell phones to try and keep up with business.
KTXS contacted AT&T to find out the cause of the outages. They released the following statement:
"Due to a wet cable caused by storms in the area, some customers in the Tye, TX area may be experiencing issues with their wireline services. Technicians are working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for this inconvenience."
George Werner, owner of Werner Diesel, said he estimates they are losing between $8,000 and $10,000 a day in lost business. The phone line also powers the fax machine and credit card machine.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue