TYE, Texas - Several Tye businesses said they haven't had phone service for at least 8 days.
Werner Diesel Service and Strain and Sons both report the outages. Both companies told KTXS they are using cell phones to try and keep up with business.
KTXS contacted AT&T to find out the cause of the outages. They released the following statement:
"Due to a wet cable caused by storms in the area, some customers in the Tye, TX area may be experiencing issues with their wireline services. Technicians are working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for this inconvenience."
George Werner, owner of Werner Diesel, said he estimates they are losing between $8,000 and $10,000 a day in lost business. The phone line also powers the fax machine and credit card machine.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer