TYE, Texas - Several Tye businesses said they haven't had phone service for at least 8 days.
Werner Diesel Service and Strain and Sons both report the outages. Both companies told KTXS they are using cell phones to try and keep up with business.
KTXS contacted AT&T to find out the cause of the outages. They released the following statement:
"Due to a wet cable caused by storms in the area, some customers in the Tye, TX area may be experiencing issues with their wireline services. Technicians are working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for this inconvenience."
George Werner, owner of Werner Diesel, said he estimates they are losing between $8,000 and $10,000 a day in lost business. The phone line also powers the fax machine and credit card machine.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer