TYE, Texas - Several Tye businesses said they haven't had phone service for at least 8 days.
Werner Diesel Service and Strain and Sons both report the outages. Both companies told KTXS they are using cell phones to try and keep up with business.
KTXS contacted AT&T to find out the cause of the outages. They released the following statement:
"Due to a wet cable caused by storms in the area, some customers in the Tye, TX area may be experiencing issues with their wireline services. Technicians are working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for this inconvenience."
George Werner, owner of Werner Diesel, said he estimates they are losing between $8,000 and $10,000 a day in lost business. The phone line also powers the fax machine and credit card machine.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range