STRAWBERRY, Ark. - Danny Mitchell Cannon, suspect in the murder of Baird resident Brenda Ruth Holland on Sunday, has been arrested in Strawberry, Ark.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said the 54-year-old Cannon was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after Arkansas authorities received a tip that he was in their area.
Authorities executed a search warrant and located Cannon.
According to Arkansas State Police, Cannon did attempt to fire on officers, but no one was injured during his arrest.
Howard said it is too soon to tell when Cannon will be extradited back to the Big Country.
Strawberry, Ark.., population 294, is about 30 miles outside of Jonesboro Ark., in the northeast part of the state.
Cannon previously had been named as a "person of interest" in connection with the 51-year-old Holland's shooting death. He now faces a first-degree murder charge.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations