STRAWBERRY, Ark. - Danny Mitchell Cannon, suspect in the murder of Baird resident Brenda Ruth Holland on Sunday, has been arrested in Strawberry, Ark.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said the 54-year-old Cannon was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after Arkansas authorities received a tip that he was in their area.
Authorities executed a search warrant and located Cannon.
According to Arkansas State Police, Cannon did attempt to fire on officers, but no one was injured during his arrest.
Howard said it is too soon to tell when Cannon will be extradited back to the Big Country.
Strawberry, Ark.., population 294, is about 30 miles outside of Jonesboro Ark., in the northeast part of the state.
Cannon previously had been named as a "person of interest" in connection with the 51-year-old Holland's shooting death. He now faces a first-degree murder charge.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth