STRAWBERRY, Ark. - Danny Mitchell Cannon, suspect in the murder of Baird resident Brenda Ruth Holland on Sunday, has been arrested in Strawberry, Ark.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said the 54-year-old Cannon was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after Arkansas authorities received a tip that he was in their area.
Authorities executed a search warrant and located Cannon.
According to Arkansas State Police, Cannon did attempt to fire on officers, but no one was injured during his arrest.
Howard said it is too soon to tell when Cannon will be extradited back to the Big Country.
Strawberry, Ark.., population 294, is about 30 miles outside of Jonesboro Ark., in the northeast part of the state.
Cannon previously had been named as a "person of interest" in connection with the 51-year-old Holland's shooting death. He now faces a first-degree murder charge.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency