STRAWBERRY, Ark. - Danny Mitchell Cannon, suspect in the murder of Baird resident Brenda Ruth Holland on Sunday, has been arrested in Strawberry, Ark.
Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said the 54-year-old Cannon was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after Arkansas authorities received a tip that he was in their area.
Authorities executed a search warrant and located Cannon.
According to Arkansas State Police, Cannon did attempt to fire on officers, but no one was injured during his arrest.
Howard said it is too soon to tell when Cannon will be extradited back to the Big Country.
Strawberry, Ark.., population 294, is about 30 miles outside of Jonesboro Ark., in the northeast part of the state.
Cannon previously had been named as a "person of interest" in connection with the 51-year-old Holland's shooting death. He now faces a first-degree murder charge.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies