The Sweetwater City Council tabled a decision to expand the city's limits.
On the table were two proposed annexations.
The first proposed expansion is to annex the property within the boundaries of Avenger Field and Texas State Technical College.
The second annexation is on the north part of the city, 500 feet north of county road 274, west to country road 105 and south 500 feet of county road 256.
According to City Manager Eddie Brown, the annexation proposals were tabled -- and there is no guarantee the issue will come up again.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS