The Sweetwater City Council tabled a decision to expand the city's limits.
On the table were two proposed annexations.
The first proposed expansion is to annex the property within the boundaries of Avenger Field and Texas State Technical College.
The second annexation is on the north part of the city, 500 feet north of county road 274, west to country road 105 and south 500 feet of county road 256.
According to City Manager Eddie Brown, the annexation proposals were tabled -- and there is no guarantee the issue will come up again.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children