SWEETWATER, Texas - In the wake of the West, Texas fertilizer blast last year that killed 15 people the State Fire Marshal's office is conducting meetings around the state with first responders to talk about safely handling ammonium nitrate.
One of those meetings was Tuesday in Sweetwater.
Those attending reviewed lessons learned from the deadly explosion and heard about the best way to store dangerous ammonium nitrate.
Six meetings are being held around the state, the last on December 17 in West.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS