SWEETWATER, Texas - In the wake of the West, Texas fertilizer blast last year that killed 15 people the State Fire Marshal's office is conducting meetings around the state with first responders to talk about safely handling ammonium nitrate.
One of those meetings was Tuesday in Sweetwater.
Those attending reviewed lessons learned from the deadly explosion and heard about the best way to store dangerous ammonium nitrate.
Six meetings are being held around the state, the last on December 17 in West.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin