SWEETWATER, Texas - Sweetwater has received 10 bids for a new police station for the city.
After submitted bids are scored and confirmed to meet specifications, the Sweetwater City Commission will "make a decision on this construction option in less than 60 days," Mayor Greg Wortham said in an email.
"If the Commission were to reject this round of bids, we will consider alternatives to this construction option," Wortham said. "(The) commission is committed to a new police station in the immediate future."
The current station is located in the Municipal Building, which was built in 1926.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family