ROBY, Texas - A 61-year-old Sweetwater woman was killed Tuesday in a two-vehicle crash on U.S. 180 about 11.1 miles west of Roby.
Killed in the accident was Brenda Karen Rainey, who was pronounced dead at 8:56 a.m. Her body was taken to McCoy's Funeral Home in Sweetwater, a state Department of Public Safety news release said.
Rainey was wearing a seatbelt, the release said.
The accident occurred about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Rainey was traveling west on U.S. 180 in a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta while a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup – driven by an 84-year-old Snyder man – was traveling east, according to DPS. The Snyder man's truck reportedly crossed the center stripe and struck Rainey's vehicle head on.
No other information is available, DPS said in a release.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth