ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff's Department needs your help trying to locate two safes with almost $50,000 inside. They also contain $30,000 in silver coins and 15 firearms.
Back on May 1st, the theft was reported.
Deputies questioned a former acquaintance. They say Carol Lynn Jonas admitted she let an accomplice know the residents were gone shortly before the theft.
That accomplice and John Darrell Sargent allegedly broke in and stole those safes.
Now, deputies need your help. If you have any information about those safes or the contents call Crimestoppers at 676-TIPS.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck