ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff's Department needs your help trying to locate two safes with almost $50,000 inside. They also contain $30,000 in silver coins and 15 firearms.
Back on May 1st, the theft was reported.
Deputies questioned a former acquaintance. They say Carol Lynn Jonas admitted she let an accomplice know the residents were gone shortly before the theft.
That accomplice and John Darrell Sargent allegedly broke in and stole those safes.
Now, deputies need your help. If you have any information about those safes or the contents call Crimestoppers at 676-TIPS.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman