ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff's Department needs your help trying to locate two safes with almost $50,000 inside. They also contain $30,000 in silver coins and 15 firearms.
Back on May 1st, the theft was reported.
Deputies questioned a former acquaintance. They say Carol Lynn Jonas admitted she let an accomplice know the residents were gone shortly before the theft.
That accomplice and John Darrell Sargent allegedly broke in and stole those safes.
Now, deputies need your help. If you have any information about those safes or the contents call Crimestoppers at 676-TIPS.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog