BALLINGER, Texas - Benedict Hoelscher of Ballinger won a $1 million prize in a scratch-off game.
Hoelscher played the game "$1,000,000 Instant Cashout". He won the last of six prizes worth $1 million in the game. The ticket cost $20.
According to the Texas Lottery, the odds of winning in this game is one in 3.05, including break even prizes.
The winning ticket was sold at Hoelscher Liquor in Rowena. KTXS spoke with an employee of the store who explained Hoelscher is the owner of the liquor store.
The store is eligible for a $10,000 retailer bonus.
In a Texas Lottery media release, Hoelscher said he plans to use the prize money to help his son and grandson. He's also considering traveling.
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- 2 held in shooting death of North Texas boy, 5, brother hurt
- KTXS Forecast: Near normal temperatures Wednesday
- Donors step up for Abilene Salvation Army ahead of Thanksgiving
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down