SYNDER, Texas - The Texas Rangers wrapped up their investigation into an officer-involved shooting that occurred at a Snyder home November 3.
The shooting happened at a residence on 27th Street after police say 53-year-old Daniel Dale Rivera threatened officers.
When they arrived at the home, police say Rivera was threatening to kill himself, his girlfriend and his baby. When officers tried to intervene, they say he ran at them with a knife in each hand. Shots were fired, killing Rivera.
The Texas Rangers will submit their report to the Scurry County District Attorney for review. A grand jury will decide whether charges will be filed against the officer involved.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene