SWEETWATER, Texas - From the Texas Tribune:
About a year ago, talk began circulating in this West Texas town about a huge oil-producing formation called the Cline Shale, east of the traditional drilling areas around Midland.
(Click HERE for the entire story at www.texastribune.org)
Then the oilmen and their rigs arrived. Now homes and hotels are sprouting, "help wanted" signs have multiplied, and a major drilling company has cleared land to build an office and equipment yard.
"It is coming, and it is big," said Greg Wortham, the mayor of Sweetwater, who also serves as executive director of the Cline Shale Alliance, a new economic development group.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances