SWEETWATER, Texas - From the Texas Tribune:
About a year ago, talk began circulating in this West Texas town about a huge oil-producing formation called the Cline Shale, east of the traditional drilling areas around Midland.
(Click HERE for the entire story at www.texastribune.org)
Then the oilmen and their rigs arrived. Now homes and hotels are sprouting, "help wanted" signs have multiplied, and a major drilling company has cleared land to build an office and equipment yard.
"It is coming, and it is big," said Greg Wortham, the mayor of Sweetwater, who also serves as executive director of the Cline Shale Alliance, a new economic development group.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth