BROWNWOOD, Texas - When noticing a void space in the wall, Brownwood Fire Chief Del Albright decided to get some use out of it.
"It came to mind that we can use that void space for a time capsule and give someone a look in today when we're building the (new fire) station," Albright said.
The capsule will include badges, newspaper articles and pictures, but Albright said his favorite thing is all the gear the firefighters wear today.
"That's what we do for a living," Albright said. "That's what we wear to do our job. It'd be interesting for them to see what we wore because there's always been changes over years of materials and designs."
The capsule will be sealed this weekend and will not be seen again until 2064.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested