ABILENE, Texas - Big County law officers held a special event Thursday to raise money for Special Olympics
The annual "Tip A Cop" event was held at Texas Roadhouse.
Officers were on hand to help serve diners and all tips went to Special Olympic athletes, many of whom were also in attendance.
The Texas Special Olympics are held each summer in Austin.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk