TYE, Texas - A man was hospitalized Saturday night after flipping his truck in Tye, shutting down part of Interstate 20.
The accident happened around 8 p.m. near the Flying J truck stop along the interstate. First responders had to use the Jaws of Life to rescue him from the truck. They said the driver was in stable condition and talking when he was pulled out.
The driver was air lifted to Hendrick Medical Center. No word yet on what caused his truck to overturn.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting