WIINGATE, Texas - A 75-year-old Wingate man was struck and killed Tuesday on State Highway 153, about .1 mile north of Wingate, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Jerrell Wayne Walker was pronounced dead after a 2008 Chevrolet C5500 – driven by Bobby Earl Knight, 29, of Ballinger – hit him about 1:30 p.m., a DPS news release said Wednesday.
Walker's body was taken to Winters Funeral Home.
Knight's truck was "towing a trailer traveling south on SH 153," the news release said.
After Knight observed Walker on the east side of the roadway, Knight said the pedestrian "darted across the roadway to the west and was struck by the truck," the release said.
The investigation continues.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot