WIINGATE, Texas - A 75-year-old Wingate man was struck and killed Tuesday on State Highway 153, about .1 mile north of Wingate, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Jerrell Wayne Walker was pronounced dead after a 2008 Chevrolet C5500 – driven by Bobby Earl Knight, 29, of Ballinger – hit him about 1:30 p.m., a DPS news release said Wednesday.
Walker's body was taken to Winters Funeral Home.
Knight's truck was "towing a trailer traveling south on SH 153," the news release said.
After Knight observed Walker on the east side of the roadway, Knight said the pedestrian "darted across the roadway to the west and was struck by the truck," the release said.
The investigation continues.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family