WIINGATE, Texas - A 75-year-old Wingate man was struck and killed Tuesday on State Highway 153, about .1 mile north of Wingate, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Jerrell Wayne Walker was pronounced dead after a 2008 Chevrolet C5500 – driven by Bobby Earl Knight, 29, of Ballinger – hit him about 1:30 p.m., a DPS news release said Wednesday.
Walker's body was taken to Winters Funeral Home.
Knight's truck was "towing a trailer traveling south on SH 153," the news release said.
After Knight observed Walker on the east side of the roadway, Knight said the pedestrian "darted across the roadway to the west and was struck by the truck," the release said.
The investigation continues.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017