WIINGATE, Texas - A 75-year-old Wingate man was struck and killed Tuesday on State Highway 153, about .1 mile north of Wingate, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Jerrell Wayne Walker was pronounced dead after a 2008 Chevrolet C5500 – driven by Bobby Earl Knight, 29, of Ballinger – hit him about 1:30 p.m., a DPS news release said Wednesday.
Walker's body was taken to Winters Funeral Home.
Knight's truck was "towing a trailer traveling south on SH 153," the news release said.
After Knight observed Walker on the east side of the roadway, Knight said the pedestrian "darted across the roadway to the west and was struck by the truck," the release said.
The investigation continues.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer