ABILENE, Texas - A 63-year-old Tuscola woman has died from injuries sustained in a crash Wednesday on Hwy 277, about seven miles south of View and just north of Coronado's Camp, the Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
DPS identified the deceased as Vena Murphy Cockrell, who officials said was injured in the accident and then died after being flown to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene.
The accident occurred about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday.
According to DPS, Cockrell was traveling south on Hwy 277 in a 2008 Ford Expedition when the vehicle went off the west side of the road, struck a guardrail and overturned.
The crash remains under investigation, DPS said.
A woman was thrown from her SUV after an accident Wednesday on Highway 277 just north of Coronado's Camp.
The accident happened about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities on the scene say the woman's SUV went through a guardrail on a curve and careened down a large ravine.
The woman was treated at the scene and then taken by helicopter to a hospital.
Officers from the Department of Public Safety and Taylor County worked the accident, as well as from the Buffalo Gap and E.C.C.A. volunteer fire departments.
The identity and condition of the injured woman weren't immediately available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated