COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - From the State Police:
Two people were killed in a one-vehicle crash in Comanche County at 9:10 p.m. Wednesday.
The crash occurred on Farm Road 587, 4/10th of a mile east of County Road 186.
Chris Lee Christensen, 67, from Bluff Dale, was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Pickup eastbound on Farm Road 587. The vehicle left the roadway to the right, the driver overcorrected and the vehicle traveled back across the roadway to the left. It struck a concrete culvert and overturned.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. He wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Linda Eileen Christensen, 67, also from Bluff Dale, was a passenger in the pickup. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. She was wearing a seat belt.
The roadway was dry and the weather was clear. This crash is being investigated by Trooper Troy Erichsen.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer