COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - From the State Police:
Two people were killed in a one-vehicle crash in Comanche County at 9:10 p.m. Wednesday.
The crash occurred on Farm Road 587, 4/10th of a mile east of County Road 186.
Chris Lee Christensen, 67, from Bluff Dale, was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Pickup eastbound on Farm Road 587. The vehicle left the roadway to the right, the driver overcorrected and the vehicle traveled back across the roadway to the left. It struck a concrete culvert and overturned.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. He wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Linda Eileen Christensen, 67, also from Bluff Dale, was a passenger in the pickup. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. She was wearing a seat belt.
The roadway was dry and the weather was clear. This crash is being investigated by Trooper Troy Erichsen.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck