COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - From the State Police:
Two people were killed in a one-vehicle crash in Comanche County at 9:10 p.m. Wednesday.
The crash occurred on Farm Road 587, 4/10th of a mile east of County Road 186.
Chris Lee Christensen, 67, from Bluff Dale, was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Pickup eastbound on Farm Road 587. The vehicle left the roadway to the right, the driver overcorrected and the vehicle traveled back across the roadway to the left. It struck a concrete culvert and overturned.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. He wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Linda Eileen Christensen, 67, also from Bluff Dale, was a passenger in the pickup. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Conine at 10 p.m. The body was taken to Nowlin Funeral Home in De Leon. She was wearing a seat belt.
The roadway was dry and the weather was clear. This crash is being investigated by Trooper Troy Erichsen.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017