CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - Two people were killed in a one-vehicle crash about 6 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 20, east of Baird at the 308 Mile Marker, in Callahan County.
Dead are William Edward Lewis, 52, and Sandra Gilmore Lewis, 56, both of Calvert, according to State Police.
He was driving a 2006 Volvo (18-wheeler) west on I-20 when the vehicle veered into the center median striking the guard rail/concrete barrier, falling onto the concrete embankment between the westbound and eastbound lanes at the Business 20 overpass.
According to a State Police, the weather was "clear and the road was dry."
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store