CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - Two people were killed in a one-vehicle crash about 6 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 20, east of Baird at the 308 Mile Marker, in Callahan County.
Dead are William Edward Lewis, 52, and Sandra Gilmore Lewis, 56, both of Calvert, according to State Police.
He was driving a 2006 Volvo (18-wheeler) west on I-20 when the vehicle veered into the center median striking the guard rail/concrete barrier, falling onto the concrete embankment between the westbound and eastbound lanes at the Business 20 overpass.
According to a State Police, the weather was "clear and the road was dry."
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash