Two men are behind bars accused of selling stolen copper.
The D.P.S says 26-year-old Tommye Joe Herring of Haskell, and 25-year-old Travis Wade McGee of Anson stole several thousand pounds of copper wire from AEP , and a trailer and tools from Powerline Services.
Authorities say they discovered the copper was sold to a metal recycle center. The two men were caught attempting to sell more of the copper.
Herring and McGee are being held in the Jones County jail.
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton to describe nation's 'moment of reckoning'
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance