SWEETWATER, Texas - Two Sweetwater residents were killed Wednesday in a single-vehicle rollover accident on FM 608 in Fisher County, about 8.5 miles north of Roscoe.
Killed were James Devin Larue, 52, and Cassidy Lue Crain, 39, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a news release Friday.
The 52-year-old Larue was driving the 2002 Chevrolet 1500 HD pickup, while Crain was a passenger in the vehicle.
The two weren't wearing seatbelts. Road conditions were dry at the time of the accident, DPS said.
"Vehicle was traveling north on FM 608," the release said. "Vehicle failed to negotiate a left curve in the road. The driver overcorrected, the vehicle went into a side skid, and rolled over numerous times before coming to rest in a pasture."
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer