TYE, Texas - A fire broke out inside a home's kitchen in Tye causing smoke damage.
It happened around 7 a.m. Saturday.
The owner left the home just before the fire started.
Fire officials say it may have been an electrical fire, but the cause is still under investigation.
No one was injured.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash