TYE, Texas - Two people are dead after a Friday afternoon accident involving three cars on Interstate 20.
The crash happened around 3:30 p.m. on the interstate between Tye and Merkel.
Troopers from the Texas Department of Public Safety said the driver of an Impala was going the wrong way down the interstate.
A truck went off the road to avoid the Impala, but hit the median.
The Impala then hit another car head on.
Shelia Ann Donowho, 71, of New Mexico was pronounced dead at the scene. Billy Donowho, 72, is in critical condition at Hendrick Medical Center. James Walling, 86, of Munday died at the hospital.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget