TYE, Texas - Two people are dead after a Friday afternoon accident involving three cars on Interstate 20.
The crash happened around 3:30 p.m. on the interstate between Tye and Merkel.
Troopers from the Texas Department of Public Safety said the driver of an Impala was going the wrong way down the interstate.
A truck went off the road to avoid the Impala, but hit the median.
The Impala then hit another car head on.
Shelia Ann Donowho, 71, of New Mexico was pronounced dead at the scene. Billy Donowho, 72, is in critical condition at Hendrick Medical Center. James Walling, 86, of Munday died at the hospital.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017